Robot Chat Messenger Bot Tutorial – Messenger Bot | Bot Settings
In Bot Settings Section, You’ll see all of your Bot Enabled Pages with the settings options.
Bot Settings Instructions:
Click on the Bot Settings menu to see the current bot settings and you can See,edit or delete any existing bot settings, even you can search bot settings if you want. Also You can add a new bot setting by click on Add Bot Settings button at the top right corner.
Add Bot Settings: Click On the Add Bot Settings button to get the settings form to add a new bot settings.
In the bot settings form there are four types of replies(see the above image):
- Reply: This is keyword based reply. Replying Keywords must be comma separated.
- Post-back: This reply is button click reply. For this you must have a Post-back ID which you’ve to create from Post-back Manager Menu. In postback template when you are creating a postback reply template, this postback will come during BOT settings in drop down menu if you select button type as postback.
- No Match: If the bot found no matched message then it’ll send a generic reply.
- Get Started: It will Generate replies when users click on the Get Started button.
There are Ten types of reply templates in the bot settings(see the below image):
Text: Text Reply Template is to send simple text reply with message
Image: Image Reply Template is to send Reply with an image
Audio: Audio Reply Template is to send Reply with an audio that will play on messenger.
Video: Video Reply Template is to send Reply with a video that will play on messenger
File: File Reply Template is to send reply with an attachment
Quick Reply: Reply with text and buttons [every button requires a post-back ID for identification and you need to add another bot settings to handle that post-back button]
Text With Button: Text With Button Reply Template is to Send Reply With Text and Buttons (every button requires a post-back ID for identification and you need to add another bot settings to handle that post-back button.)
Generic Template: Generic Template is to send reply with Single image,image action URL,title,subtitle and buttons (either button can be a post-back button or can open a website URL.)
Carousel: Carousel Reply Template is to send reply with an Array of generic templates – multiple generic templates display as slider.
List: List Reply Template is to Send reply with a list of links with thumbnail and link action.
Get Started Settings:
If you enable this, when someone come to your page first time chat box will pop up and a button called “Get Started” will appear.
You can add the action reply for clicking the button in “Bot Settings” (described below).
If you want to disable the bot of a page, you can do it by click on disable bot button
(Requires “Get Started” Button)
The Persistent Menu is always available to the user.
This menu should contain top-level actions that users can enact at any point.
Having a persistent menu easily communicates the basic capabilities of your bot for first-time and returning users.
The menu will automatically appear in a thread if the person has been away for a certain period of time and returns.
You can create multi-level (nested) persistent menu and also can have different menu for different locale.
Click On the Persistent Menu button to get started and click on create persistent menu button to create persistent menu
You’ll get a form similar to the image below.
- Locale: This field is to set your menu language on which language you want to publish the persistent menu.
- Composer Input Disabled: If it is set as disabled then no one can write a message in the typing area and can’t send a message.
- Level-1 Menu: You can add maximum three menu of level-1 by click on the level 1 menu button. There are three types of menu:
- Web URL: This is refers to Web based menu and you’ve to put the URL for the menu.
- Post-back: This is post-back based menu. If you select as post-back, your all post-back template ID will be shown there but you must have postback ID. You’ll can add post-back with persistent menu but you must have a Post-back ID which you can create from Post-back Manager Menu.
- Nested: If you want to create nested persistent menu for level-1 menu, then select nested option and level-2 menu form will appear for the level-1 menu and if you want nested menu for level-2 menu then select nested option from level-2 menu. [Remember you can add maximum three level-1 menu and maximum five nested level-2 menu for a level-1 menu and can add maximum five level-3 menu for level-2 menu.]
After completing creating your persistent menu, you’ve to publish this menu for it to be live.
Click on the Publish Persistent Menu to publish the menu.
If you edit any existing persistent menu, you’ve also publish the menu again to publish updated menu.